Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The River Styx

Hey it’s 420! Wow, I really don’t care.
I love the Classics, and by that I mean I love the Greek and Roman Classics. Sometimes I forget how obsessed I was with these stories when I was younger - the romance, violence, magic, and of course, the Gods. I seriously planned on naming my first girl Callisto after a character in Xena: Warrior Princess.
I would imagine living in their world, encountering the demons and experiencing the miracles, and having a tragic romance sabotaged by the Gods. That was my idea of a perfect life, filled with adventure, romance and destiny. I don’t think that WAS my idea of a perfect life. That IS my idea of a perfect life! Now all I need is to solicit the attention of Hades and I can live out my fantasy (I always secretly wanted to be Persephone).

No comments:

Post a Comment