Monday, June 20, 2011

Shackin It Up


Has anyone been to the Sugar Shack lately? Because apparently I don’t go there anymore. It’s been almost two months since I gave a remodel update!


Despite my neglect, things have been chugging along in the remodel process. The most prominent updates are the addition of stone and primer paint to the exterior of the house, the construction of a stone fireplace in the living room, and the application of drywall throughout the interior of the house.


Come on in, let's take a look.


Drywall is very interesting to me. I don’t know much about it, except that I used to think drywall and stucco were synonymous. They are not.


Now that the drywall’s in, we have walls and ceilings where there used to be gaping holes! Progress I tell you. Progress.


And there’s the stone fireplace in the back. You can’t really tell from the photo, but some stone pieces were strategically placed to create shelves, which will be useful if we want to place photos or other decorations over the fireplace. They are also some smaller, broken stone pieces that jut out between the larger flat pieces. I’m not sure what we can use these for yet. Christmas stocking holders?


The view from the living room into the dining room.


Here’s the kitchen. Notice the green board drywall. That's special waterproof drywall which is placed behind all the sinks, toilets, and other areas of the walls that are liable to come in contact with water. Apparently, regular drywall will disintegrate if it gets wet. I’m glad we got someone who knows what they’re doing to build this house!


The view from inside the kitchen looking into the dining room and living room.


And our super exciting, cement back porch! With a bunch of junk on it.

Things should really get moving in the next couple of weeks. That is of course, if I manage to get my act together and help out. Home Depot here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment