Friday, October 15, 2010

Pet Peeves

I’ve only moved a handful of times in my life: to college, back home for the summer, out of the dorms into an apartment. But the real process is having to give up certain things I’ve learned to cherish; things I’ve grown accustomed to from living at my parent’s house. Things I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT. Namely, soft water and a high efficiency washer and dryer. Now of course I won’t die if these precious luxuries were striped from my routine, but have you experienced soft water?!? I’m sure this sounds super diva, and I know there are millions of people in the world that do not have heated, plumbed water, let alone clean drinking water, but soft water is the THING in my family. My Dad CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT soft water. Can you tell we’re related? But to keep things in comparison, you should see the size of the room I grew up in, with the sister I shared it with, and the massive bunk beds which took up 75% of the floor space. You’ve got to prioritize. Living space = limited. Soft water = definitive.

Aside – I got smart about the small room thing when I was younger and moved over to my best friend’s house. Her room was much bigger. And she had a trampoline! Hi Giuliana!

No comments:

Post a Comment