Friday, February 4, 2011

A Remodel, I Think

While I spend my day hammering at the keyboard and prattling away like a ninny on this here site, my better half spends his day in a more productive manner: building homes. One project in particular has drawn most of his attention lately. It’s a little ‘ol remodel on a house we’ve come to call The Sugar Shack.


The house wasn’t in too bad of shape before the project started, but it was a little “dated” and required a little updating. I wanted to use an official construction term here, like “the house wasn’t unlivable, it just needed a new set of tits” or “we need to slap some lipstick on it”, but I’m not sure if either of those are the phrase I’m looking for.

I snapped a couple photos several months back, so we could remember what the place looked like pre-demolition... I mean pre-remodel.

Hello Sugar Shack.

 
Goodbye front porch. Until we meet again...
 
 
Here's a little breezeway:
 
 
Here's what happens when you think breezeways are dumb:
 
 
This is a shot of the back of the house. Don't mind the dogs. They're "inspecting" the construction site. 
 
 
Here's what the back of the house looks like now. Don't mind the human holding up the peace sign. She's "working" to document the construction site.
 
 
Feel like going for a swim?
 
 
Too late!
 
 
Not much has changed in the backyard. What used to be dead grass...
 
 
Is still dead grass. It's just been run over by a bulldozer several times now.
 

So that's a peak at the exciting things my Lovies gets to do all day! It's in a very unattractive phase now, but you know what they say: After a storm comes a rainbow.

Or something like that.

XOXO Jelly

No comments:

Post a Comment