Monday, November 22, 2010

A Serious Case of the Snuggles

One of my favorite weekend activities is snuggling. It also happens on the weeknights, but the weekend is where we do some serious, down-to-business, no nonsense snuggling. We lay down at night knowing we won’t have to get up early the next morning and we lounge in bed until we are good and ready to get up. I’m a lucky lady to have a man that takes his snuggling seriously (probably more seriously than I do), but living with a professional snuggler has its disadvantages. I imagine it’s like living with a professional football player. Your whole life becomes about football; it revolves around it.

“Sorry honey. We can’t go out tonight. I’ve got a game later.”
Or in my case, “Are you sure you want to go out? We could get into our sweats and snuggle. Doesn’t snuggling sound better than driving 30 minutes to hang out in a noisy bar? We could rent a movie to go with our snuggle. What do you think?”

In most cases I would concur, because I’m a homebody who fully realizes that I can have a WHOLE BOTTLE of wine for the same price as what a GLASS of wine would cost in a bar. Oh, and yes, I do like to stay home and snuggle. But some nights are meant for taking a walk on the wild side and staying out PAST 8:30pm. And on Saturday night we did just that.

“Woohoo! Are you excited to be going out Lovies?”


“Ah, come on. We never go out. I’m excited!”

 
(30 minutes later)

“Wow, it’s so pretty at night. We never get to see Downtown at night!”


“Ooo, look at all the buildings.”


We arrive at our destination, but it's not long before the novelty begins to wear off.

(30 minutes later)

“Wow, it’s so noisy and dark in here. Guess this is what it’s like to “go out” on a Saturday night.”
“Ya, don’t you wish we were back at home in the warm house all snuggled up?”
“Geez, alright. Just a little bit longer since we came all this way. How about we stop at the taco truck on the way out and I get you some tacos for the ride home?”
“Ok, and THEN we’ll go home and snuggle.”

No comments:

Post a Comment